Monday, February 20, 2012

MS SQL & Visual Studio 2005

I want to install SQL on the same machine as VS 2005 Pro for development.
While trying to install the version of SQL that comes with the VS 2005 Pro
I'm getting error messages and the SQL engine will not start. Is it
possible to have the SQL install on the same machine as the VS 2005 or do I
need to install the personnel edition instead? What should I do?

Charles MacLean
MTS, Inc.Charles MacLean (charlesmaclean@.sbcglobal.net) writes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I want to install SQL on the same machine as VS 2005 Pro for
development. While trying to install the version of SQL that comes with
the VS 2005 Pro I'm getting error messages and the SQL engine will not
start. Is it possible to have the SQL install on the same machine as
the VS 2005 or do I need to install the personnel edition instead?


That should be possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

What should I do?


You could always post the error messages you get...

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment