Saturday, February 25, 2012

MS SQL 2000 Remote Administration

Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance.
I am trying to rid myself of the necessity of running a local server (2000).
I am currently relying on Enterprise manager in SQL 2000 to administer
databases that are hosted by my ISP.
Is there an application like Enterprise Manager that I can run on my XP box?
Thanks,
Julian
Assuming you have the proper license you can load Enterprise Manager on XP
with no problem. Just install the client tools and not the server itself.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Julian Forniss" <Julian Forniss@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:35AEAE46-919A-4AFA-9A44-53A02F7B726D@.microsoft.com...
> Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance.
> I am trying to rid myself of the necessity of running a local server
> (2000).
> I am currently relying on Enterprise manager in SQL 2000 to administer
> databases that are hosted by my ISP.
> Is there an application like Enterprise Manager that I can run on my XP
> box?
> Thanks,
> Julian
|||Thank you very much.
"Andrew J. Kelly" wrote:

> Assuming you have the proper license you can load Enterprise Manager on XP
> with no problem. Just install the client tools and not the server itself.
> --
> Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
>
> "Julian Forniss" <Julian Forniss@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:35AEAE46-919A-4AFA-9A44-53A02F7B726D@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment