Saturday, February 25, 2012

MS SQL 2005 Connection Problems

I have an MS SQL problem,

I have set up Adobe Enterprisewith a MS SQL 2005 database. Although ‘Connect’ recognised the SQL data source on install it now refuses to connect. The SQL log shows that a connection is being attempted every time the System Administrator username and password details are entered into the ‘Connect’ configuration, so details such as host, data source, ports etc are all right.

I assume this must be an authentication problem as I can connect to the data source fine in the MS SQL 2005 management tool, I thought it may be because I have Windows Authentication on rather than mixed mode authentication…but I don’t seem either a) change to mixed mode or b) change the password.

How do I either reset the MS SQL system admin details or access the database outside of the SQL management software to verify that the login details I am putting into Connect are in fact right...this is of course assuming it is an authentication problem.

Any help please….

Wow not one reply, oh well!

In the end it was simply an authentication problem as I thought.

By switching to Mixed Mode authentication (SQL authentication) rather than Windows Authentication (which is automatic and the default) it is possible to login from the Connect Config screen. You must also make sure "user desktop notification" is switched on for Adobe Breeze in the windows admin setting.

If this is done there may well be a problem if the system fails i.e. errors will only appear on the server, I am also unsure of any extra security issues that may prove a problem by switching to mixed mode.

So, it works but if anyone has any better ideas or advice please let me know.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment