Monday, February 20, 2012

MS ReportViewer 2.0 Control Print Issue

The first attempt to print a report by clicking the print button on the MS
report viewer icon does not print. Subsequent clicks will print the report!
This is happening on all computers the application is deployed to. I look at
the print queue and I see that the job is spooled and I also get the taskbar
notification. I have tested numerous other applications and all print on
first attempt.
Thanks in advance,
AshkanOn Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:39:13 -0700, "Ashkan Daie" <adaie@.nospam.com>
wrote:
>The first attempt to print a report by clicking the print button on the MS
>report viewer icon does not print. Subsequent clicks will print the report!
>This is happening on all computers the application is deployed to. I look at
>the print queue and I see that the job is spooled and I also get the taskbar
>notification. I have tested numerous other applications and all print on
>first attempt.
>Thanks in advance,
>Ashkan
>
You're right, it doesn't work the first time. It is apparently a bug.
I'm not sure if it works for anyone the first time but it sure doesn't
for me or these other people. It looks like the focus is stuck
somewhere else and any activity will move it to the print button,
includng pressing the print button, but that needs to be done first:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/showpost.aspx?postid=197115&siteid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment