Saturday, February 25, 2012

MS SQL 2000 using Mobilink question

Hello,

I am trying to get my PDA program to work on MS SQL 2000, which I originally designed using Sybase ASA 8.

From what I have read, MS SQL 2000 does not support variables as ASA does, but functions may be able to do what I need them to do.

What I am trying to figure out is what I need to do to get it set up so that in MS SQL, there is something that will work like a session-wide variable that holds the user_id, and how to call it from scripts.

Any ideas?Transact SQL definitely supports variables, almost exactly like ASA server does. What you want is available from a function called suser_sname() so I'd just use that.

-PatP|||Ok, thanks.

I will give that a go, and tell you how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment