Saturday, February 25, 2012

MS SQL 2005 and PDC Confusion

hello everyone, I am kind of confused with MS SQL 2005. I have friends who have been developing with MS SQL. They told me that in order to have a MS SQL Server, one need to have a PDC.

This is really a problem since I am behind a Unix box acting as a firewall/gateway. AFAIK, to install a PDC means that DHCP comes with it and DNS. This is really a problem...

Is it possible to have a MS SQL server without having to create a PDC? If so, how do I connect to my database on an MS SQL server. I develop in VB. I would appreciate any help/tips... TIA :D

You don′t need a PDC, you will need a domain only if you want to do WIndows authentication along with more than one computer. Otherwise you can use SQL Server authentication.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment