Monday, February 20, 2012

MS SBS 2003 and RS

Hi,
I have installed SBS 2003 premium andSQL Server 2000 on my server with
default settings and patched it using Windows Update site. Also, installed
SQL Server reporting services. During setup, it warned me the Sharepoint is
installed (I don't know how Sharepoint got installed) and at the end, it
failed to initialize reporting services. Now, when I enter
"localhost/reports" in address line of IE, I get this error message:
The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server.
I checked SRM*.log error log and found an error message:
<Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
<Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
Error reported by child process:
Failure starting the web service:
The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The service
may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more
information.
<EndFunc Name='CreateProccessAndWait' Return='1603' GetLastError='0'>
Error 1603 Launching RSActivate.exe:
C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe
"C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe" /c "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config"
Do_Activate_ReportService: Activation Failed!
<EndFunc Name='Do_Activate_ReportService' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
<EndFunc Name='RedirectorCAX' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
---
When I execute RSActivate on command line, I get the same error (The Report
Server Web service has not generated a public key).
I played with settings of reporting services installation (service account
and SQL Server user) in hope to get it installed successfully but it always
fails.
Do you have any idea about my problem?Alex
I had a similar issue: I had use a domain user account; the service now
starts.
Kic
"Alex" <alim@.rogers.com> wrote in message
news:#mjXxZy$EHA.2032@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have installed SBS 2003 premium andSQL Server 2000 on my server with
> default settings and patched it using Windows Update site. Also, installed
> SQL Server reporting services. During setup, it warned me the Sharepoint
is
> installed (I don't know how Sharepoint got installed) and at the end, it
> failed to initialize reporting services. Now, when I enter
> "localhost/reports" in address line of IE, I get this error message:
> The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> server.
> I checked SRM*.log error log and found an error message:
> <Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
> <Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
> Error reported by child process:
> Failure starting the web service:
> The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The service
> may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more
> information.
> <EndFunc Name='CreateProccessAndWait' Return='1603' GetLastError='0'>
> Error 1603 Launching RSActivate.exe:
> C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe
> "C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe" /c "C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
> Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config"
> Do_Activate_ReportService: Activation Failed!
> <EndFunc Name='Do_Activate_ReportService' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
> <EndFunc Name='RedirectorCAX' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
> ---
> When I execute RSActivate on command line, I get the same error (The
Report
> Server Web service has not generated a public key).
> I played with settings of reporting services installation (service account
> and SQL Server user) in hope to get it installed successfully but it
always
> fails.
> Do you have any idea about my problem?
>|||Thanks Kic for the reply.
Domain user account for service account or SQL Server access?
Alex
"kic" <kic1999@.stop.the.damn.spam.hot.mail.com> wrote in message
news:uep9mb1$EHA.4004@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Alex
> I had a similar issue: I had use a domain user account; the service now
> starts.
> Kic
> "Alex" <alim@.rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:#mjXxZy$EHA.2032@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed SBS 2003 premium andSQL Server 2000 on my server with
> > default settings and patched it using Windows Update site. Also,
installed
> > SQL Server reporting services. During setup, it warned me the Sharepoint
> is
> > installed (I don't know how Sharepoint got installed) and at the end, it
> > failed to initialize reporting services. Now, when I enter
> > "localhost/reports" in address line of IE, I get this error message:
> > The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
> > server.
> >
> > I checked SRM*.log error log and found an error message:
> > <Func Name='Do_Activate_ReportService'>
> > <Func Name='CreateProccessAndWait'>
> > Error reported by child process:
> > Failure starting the web service:
> > The Report Server Web service has not generated a public key. The
service
> > may not have started successfully. Check the log files for more
> > information.
> >
> > <EndFunc Name='CreateProccessAndWait' Return='1603' GetLastError='0'>
> > Error 1603 Launching RSActivate.exe:
> > C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe
> > "C:\DOCUME~1\alim\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSActivate.exe" /c "C:\Program
> > Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
> > Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config"
> > Do_Activate_ReportService: Activation Failed!
> > <EndFunc Name='Do_Activate_ReportService' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
> > <EndFunc Name='RedirectorCAX' Return='0' GetLastError='0'>
> > ---
> >
> > When I execute RSActivate on command line, I get the same error (The
> Report
> > Server Web service has not generated a public key).
> > I played with settings of reporting services installation (service
account
> > and SQL Server user) in hope to get it installed successfully but it
> always
> > fails.
> >
> > Do you have any idea about my problem?
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment