Friday, March 30, 2012

MS SQL Table JOIN with Oracle Table

I've got an Oracle table that I need to JOIN with a SQL table, and I've created the two datasets to pull the data I need. Is there any way Reporting Services can put them together for me?

No, SSRS cannot join data in two datasets.

Why not link your Oracle table into SQL, then write a view JOINing the data there...you could then provide the view to SSRS as a data source...

|||We tried it, but it was way slow. It also means installing the Oracle client on the SQL box and we're trying to avoid that if we can for security reasons.|||Not too much else you can do -- Although you could store your Oracle data in an SSRS cube...as long as the data wasn't too dynamic could get a good response that way at the cost of having to copy data over in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment