Friday, March 30, 2012

MS SQL Srv 2000 and extended stored procedures

hi,
I have created my own dll file that I would like to use in sql 2000 as an
extended stored procedure. I have checked the dll is written correctly (I can
use it in other application). The dll file is created in C# (Visual Studio
2005).
Unfortunatelly I cannot use it in sql as the extended procedure. I am
getting error: Cannot find the function <<f_name>> in the library
<<path\library.dll>>. Reason: 127(error not found).Extended procedures need to be written in C or C++ (or Delphi, so I've heard). A language that can
create classic DLL files, not any of the modern fancy COM dlls. Also, SQL Server 2000 doesn't
support hosting any type of CLR code, whether through xp or sp_OACreate, or whether with or without
any wrappers.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:17231DDF-B357-4227-94E1-D94C57AB54CC@.microsoft.com...
> hi,
> I have created my own dll file that I would like to use in sql 2000 as an
> extended stored procedure. I have checked the dll is written correctly (I can
> use it in other application). The dll file is created in C# (Visual Studio
> 2005).
> Unfortunatelly I cannot use it in sql as the extended procedure. I am
> getting error: Cannot find the function <<f_name>> in the library
> <<path\library.dll>>. Reason: 127(error not found).|||Hi
This may be of interest:
"Using extended stored procedures or SP_OA stored procedures to load CLR in
SQL Server is not supported"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=322884
Regards
--
Mike
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@.hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:uBcPMTWwGHA.3264@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Extended procedures need to be written in C or C++ (or Delphi, so I've
> heard). A language that can create classic DLL files, not any of the
> modern fancy COM dlls. Also, SQL Server 2000 doesn't support hosting any
> type of CLR code, whether through xp or sp_OACreate, or whether with or
> without any wrappers.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:17231DDF-B357-4227-94E1-D94C57AB54CC@.microsoft.com...
>> hi,
>> I have created my own dll file that I would like to use in sql 2000 as an
>> extended stored procedure. I have checked the dll is written correctly (I
>> can
>> use it in other application). The dll file is created in C# (Visual
>> Studio
>> 2005).
>> Unfortunatelly I cannot use it in sql as the extended procedure. I am
>> getting error: Cannot find the function <<f_name>> in the library
>> <<path\library.dll>>. Reason: 127(error not found).
>|||so is it possible to create an extended stored procedure in Visual Studio
2005 (C++)?
"Michael Epprecht [MSFT]" wrote:
> Hi
> This may be of interest:
> "Using extended stored procedures or SP_OA stored procedures to load CLR in
> SQL Server is not supported"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=322884
> Regards
> --
> Mike
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@.hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
> message news:uBcPMTWwGHA.3264@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Extended procedures need to be written in C or C++ (or Delphi, so I've
> > heard). A language that can create classic DLL files, not any of the
> > modern fancy COM dlls. Also, SQL Server 2000 doesn't support hosting any
> > type of CLR code, whether through xp or sp_OACreate, or whether with or
> > without any wrappers.
> >
> > --
> > Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> > http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> > http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
> >
> >
> > "Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:17231DDF-B357-4227-94E1-D94C57AB54CC@.microsoft.com...
> >> hi,
> >> I have created my own dll file that I would like to use in sql 2000 as an
> >> extended stored procedure. I have checked the dll is written correctly (I
> >> can
> >> use it in other application). The dll file is created in C# (Visual
> >> Studio
> >> 2005).
> >> Unfortunatelly I cannot use it in sql as the extended procedure. I am
> >> getting error: Cannot find the function <<f_name>> in the library
> >> <<path\library.dll>>. Reason: 127(error not found).
> >
>
>|||"Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8F880F51-DD0E-4FC9-8887-88A805920AC9@.microsoft.com...
> so is it possible to create an extended stored procedure in Visual Studio
> 2005 (C++)?
>
Yes, but it's much easier and safer to use SQL 2005 where you can use your
C# code inside the database.
David|||Can you show me how to do that? plz
"David Browne" wrote:
> "Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8F880F51-DD0E-4FC9-8887-88A805920AC9@.microsoft.com...
> > so is it possible to create an extended stored procedure in Visual Studio
> > 2005 (C++)?
> >
> Yes, but it's much easier and safer to use SQL 2005 where you can use your
> C# code inside the database.
> David
>
>|||"Chris" <Chris@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:884D5F80-4D8F-4252-824A-2B2438330B76@.microsoft.com...
> Can you show me how to do that? plz
>
Programming SQL Server 2005 Using the .NET Framework
http://msdn.microsoft.com/sql/learning/prog/clr/default.aspx
David

No comments:

Post a Comment