Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MS SQL Server tree structure

Can anyone please help me? I need to create a tree structure of my company's database server. I need to include all the tables and their description in a tree structure. The output can be in any format. Is there some tool in the MSSql that will do this for me, so I don't have to write it out manualy? Thank you very much for any ideas!!
M.

You can loop though the database objects using SMO, the new .NET object model of SQL Server.

Jens K. Suessmeyer

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||Thank you for answering.

I was looking for some tool that I can use on my Ms Sql server via the Enterprize manager or maybe via some function trough the Query Analyzer, if such a function exists? Is there anything like that available?

Honestly, I realy don't see how the SMO could help me create a tree structured diagram of my server.

Thanks
m.
|||thanks Jens K. Suessmeyer
Do you think CTE can be useful?

|||No, besides the fact that I use MS Sql 2000, this tool is not what I'm looking for.

What I need is to make a diagram, for prezentation purposes, of our server and all the databases, tables and entities in it in a tree structure.
Creating such a diagram is only possible via the Enterprize manager, but this diagram cannot be exported. Only moved to and fro databases.

M.
|||

You can do this using Visio by reverse engineering an ERM diagram but i don't think you are able to do this using SQL Server tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment