Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MS SQL Server Merge Replication

Hi, I have two databases on MS. SQL Server 200 the first one is the
main DB and the second one is a replica of it, both of them in
different territories .I connect them using merge replication just
when I need to merge the data.

The problem is when I make import data or export data from any
location (MS access ,MS SQL server ) to the second one (subscriber DB)
or the main DB(publisher and distributor ) ,the imported data does
not replicated to the other DB ?

Normal transaction replicated smoothly.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mahmoud Khebaisa.mahmod79@.hotmail.com (Mahmoud KHEBAISA) wrote in message news:<ce543867.0408190341.2cd2244@.posting.google.com>...
> Hi, I have two databases on MS. SQL Server 200 the first one is the
> main DB and the second one is a replica of it, both of them in
> different territories .I connect them using merge replication just
> when I need to merge the data.
> The problem is when I make import data or export data from any
> location (MS access ,MS SQL server ) to the second one (subscriber DB)
> or the main DB(publisher and distributor ) ,the imported data does
> not replicated to the other DB ?
> Normal transaction replicated smoothly.
> I hope you can help me.
> Thanks in advance.
> Mahmoud Khebaisa.

You might want to post this in microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication
to get a better answer. You should probably also mention exactly how
you are importing the data which are not replicated, eg. DTS, bcp.exe,
a custom tool etc.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment