Monday, March 26, 2012

MS SQL server login failed

I have MS SQL server desktop version installed localy and I have been using
it till last time I had to change my windows XP password. After that I could
not start service and I am getting an error message: "The service did not
start due to a logon failure", and "An error 1069 - The service did not start
due to a logon failure) occured while perfrorming this service operation on
the MSSQLServer service".
I have installed MS SQL server and configured to use Windows authentication,
and it worked in the past. Few months ago I have downloaded windows updates
and since then whenever I change windows password I have problem logging in
MS SQL.
Is there a way to fix that problem without reinstalling MS SQL?
DjL
It sounds like you may be running the service using your
Windows login. You can check from Services applet in the
Administrative Tools. Check the Logon tab for the
MSSQLSERVER service to see what login is being used.
If you are using your login, you need to change the password
for the MSSQLSERVER service also whenever you change your
Windows password.
-Sue
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:44:02 -0700, Djordje Lekovic
<DjordjeLekovic@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have MS SQL server desktop version installed localy and I have been using
>it till last time I had to change my windows XP password. After that I could
>not start service and I am getting an error message: "The service did not
>start due to a logon failure", and "An error 1069 - The service did not start
>due to a logon failure) occured while perfrorming this service operation on
>the MSSQLServer service".
>I have installed MS SQL server and configured to use Windows authentication,
>and it worked in the past. Few months ago I have downloaded windows updates
>and since then whenever I change windows password I have problem logging in
>MS SQL.
>Is there a way to fix that problem without reinstalling MS SQL?
|||Thx It worked.
DjL
"Sue Hoegemeier" wrote:

> It sounds like you may be running the service using your
> Windows login. You can check from Services applet in the
> Administrative Tools. Check the Logon tab for the
> MSSQLSERVER service to see what login is being used.
> If you are using your login, you need to change the password
> for the MSSQLSERVER service also whenever you change your
> Windows password.
> -Sue
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:44:02 -0700, Djordje Lekovic
> <DjordjeLekovic@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment